Monday, September 7, 2009

September has such an autumn feel

Leaves are starting, losing first their deep green and some already brilliant with red or orange. What a strange summer.
The garden hardly except for the flowers and tall grasses and slugs.
Some food to process if only there was the time.
Cool sunny days, finally our first whole week with no rain. The few tomatoes begin to ripen.
The equinox fast approaches. Soon it will be the last mowing and the time of piling leaves.
Autumn Equinox Celebration: Sunday September 20 Noontime
in Esopus at Elizabeth's house.
We honor the harvest, the balance, the coming season of short days, and the brewing process of life.
We will be offering a Cyser brewing workshop as part of our Equinox Ritual Celebration. Cyser is a bit like mead but made with (local) apple cider and the fermentation only takes 6 months as opposed to 2-3 years. Any of you who have been to rituals have probably tasted Elizabeth's delicious and potent brews; she has offered to share this magic with us. Depending on how many people sign up, you will get either get a full or a half gallon at the Spring Equinox (yes Spring will come again and that Cyser will, like ourselves, be ready to go because of the long winter ferment.) There will be a $10 charge for the workshop to cover materials (all local!), and the workshop will start around 2:30pm.
You can come to the ritual and stay for the workshop or come to either. Please RSVP to susan@urtharts.com .

1 comment:

Dona said...

I enjoy your blog very much. I have recently found myself on the path of a Druid. (Although it has been whispering to me for the last 25 years!!! I have finally come to the point in my own journey that I am ready to accept and embark on this path.) I was raised in the Shawangunk Mountains. My family roots are in Samsonville and Dwaarkill, so you can imagine my delight in finding your blog. In my mind's eye, I can see the beautiful forest where you reside.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Dona